Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste!


TV’s, wet paint, fire extinguishers, fluorescent light bulbs, batteries and a slew of other environmentally toxic items ARE among the things we’ll help you get rid of! These hazardous materials can be a real pain to figure out where they are supposed to be disposed of properly. County landfills and transfer stations generally accept most hazardous materials from households, but not always businesses. It may be somewhat of a hassle to find the information, but it is out there! We’ll include some hints and tips on how to make disposal a little less stressful.




TV’s have a per unit charge at the landfill, but sometimes they can be donated to those less fortunate. One potential place for television donations is the Veteran’s Quarters. Donation Centers typically accept flat screen televisions only. In the past, Best Buy has accepted three televisions per residential address. Now they charge $25! Donating them, or recycling are the best two options, and should be the first two! If neither of  these work for you, please don’t hesitate to call us. Buncombe County Solid Waste Management takes TV’s and paint on certain Friday, and we almost always make the trip up.


Separating wet paint into Acrylic/Latex and Oil based helps us properly dispose of it quicker and more efficiently. Old paint that is no longer usable can be condensed as long as the bases are consistent. Mixing cat litter with latex paints will render it inert, which allows to be disposed of in the dump. This helps keep costs down, because we charge per gallon.


Contact your local disposal sight to see how much quantity they take a time, and to ask them about specific laws and regulations concerning your specific area. For more information on what we take, visit our page here:

: http://junkrecyclers.net/cheap-junk-removal/hazardous-materials/